|Version Date:||12 April 1998
||F4.2.3 - F5.0.1 - F5.0.2b - F5.1+ - F6.0
||Frontier 4 (16 kb)
Frontier 5/6 (52 kb)
The Replacer Suite
Created by Samuel Reynolds.
While free, the replacer suite is not in the public domain.
Please read the copyright and permissions statement
at replacer.docs.["*02 Copyright"].
This suite works in Frontier 4.2.3 on MacOS, and in Frontier 5.0.1 and later on both MacOS and Windows.
The documentation for replacer may be found in the replacer.docs table.
The replacer.docs entries whose names begin with "*" and two digits
are the various sections of the documentation.
However, they are formatted for easy generation of the html version.
replacer.docs.releaseNotes contains the accumulated version release notes.
(The remaining items in replacer.docs are tools for generating the html version of the docs.)
Since the html version is much more readable, I suggest you read
it (you may also download it for local perusal, if you like). The URL is
- v. 1.0 - 29 Sep 1997
- v. 1.1 - 4 Nov 1997
- Added ProcessCustomMarkup.
- Updated docs.
- v. 1.2 - 3 Dec 1997
- Changed script to use regex.subst() with callback parameter instead of using regex.extract() then looping over the resulting list.
- For consistency with regex, the parameter "tagForm" has been renamed "pattern".
- The old name is still recognized, but "pattern" is preferred for new uses.
- It is recommended that you change the name of your "tagForm" parameter to "pattern" in all operations tables.
- The "matchFields" parameter is no longer used. It should be deleted from your operation tables.
- The ordering of items in the match string list has changed
- First item in list is still the command name (the substitution text generation script name).
- The order is now determined solely by the search pattern (the tagForm parameter). Items correspond to the "\\1", "\\2", etc. replacement parameters.
- Full matched text is now appended to the end of the match string list.
- Changes required to client calling scripts:
- Changes required to client substitution text generation scripts:
- Reduce inMatchInfo string list index beyond first parameter by one.
- Get full matched string (if needed) from last item in inMatchInfo.
- Changes required to operation table:
- Delete matchFields entry (it is no longer used, so this is not required
- v. 1.2.1 - 12 Apr 1998
- Updated docs for Frontier 4 or Frontier 5.